I am currently involved in some research for the Forestry Commission. This work is in partnership with Kate Swade and Mark Walton of Shared Assets and is looking to baseline the current extent of woodland social enterprise in England, Scotland and Wales.
We want to hear from you if you are involved in social activities in woodlands.
- Maybe you are a community woodland group that is selling firewood.
- Maybe you’re a coppicing co-op
- Maybe you manage woodlands to increase biodiversity
- Maybe you run a campsite or a mountain bike trail in a woodland
- Maybe you run a forest school or carry out other woodland education activities
The England survey is live until 5pm, Tuesday 19th November and can be accessed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/woodlandsocialenterprise
A similar survey for Scottish and Welsh Enterprises will be issued in January 2014 – if you would like to be included please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know when the survey opens!