|An experienced co-operator and, under the banner lowwintersun, a social enterprise advisor. Has spent nearly 20 years setting up, establishing and running co-operatives and since 2007 has acted as an advisor to people wishing to set up new social enterprises or develop and expand existing businesses.
Specialist in environmental and community energy (especially energy efficiency), community growing and the creative sector.
Areas of experience:
- New project development, ie building partnerships, working up business plans, finding funding
- Organisational development, in particular co-operative governance, business planning, change management and replication/social franchise
- Marketing and communications – often on a budget!
- Community-based and ‘real world’ research
- Fundraising: I have raised over £1 million worth of funds for co-operative and social enterprise from grant-giving bodies and trusts
- CMI Level 3 Mentoring
- Project Management
- Co-operative College courses in HR and marketing